Bill of Rights for Parents when joining a club:
(compliments of Northern California Volleyball Association)
I have the right to:
• be treated with dignity and respect
• share in the leadership and decision making of your athlete
• approach the leadership of the club organization with which you are involved
• cheer for your child in a positive manner
• verify your coaches/team qualifications
• ask questions and receive answers
• ensure that the adults involved with your child are positive role models
• talk to parents, other players and/or other clubs
• have your child tryout without discrimination
• request a clear disclosure of financial obligations
• have a written clubs statement of philosophy
• be informed about your child's role on the team
• have your child tryout out for more than one club and be allowed time to make a decision as specified by the tryout policy
• the knowledge of the time, travel and financial commitment of your involvement with the club/team.
• knowledge of how many spots are available before tryouts begin
• remove your child from an event/practice if you feel it is unsafe for your child to continue without repercussions
• know that all club affiliated staff are members of the KRVA and background checked.
• ask your club director if they adhere to all State and Federal business requirements and laws
P is for praising, which your child needs often.
A is for accepting, so hard edges will soften.
R is for recognizing your child's many talents.
E is for encouraging a good healthy balance.
N is for nurturing, to help your child grow.
T is for teaching, then letting go.
S is for smiling at the growth and the glow.